A product owner is a unique position, sitting at the intersection of business, technology and the customer, and often have to represent all three at different times, or all at once as well. Product owners are exceptional listeners, storytellers and can effectively articulate ideas.
This territory comes with a unique set of challenges, clashing priorities, limited resources and at times, testing stakeholders. An exceptional product owner runs towards this challenge. In return, they want to be part of setting the vision, not just executing it.
Outware is in a unique position regarding product owners. As a consultancy, we can offer product owners the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in a new product, a new challenge for every new project / client we assign them too. Often product owners stay at a single firm for many years, working on the same product, often becoming disenfranchised over time.
But to get such product owners, you need to offer them something they seek. They want a why. They want to believe they're building something amazing. Changing lives. Bringing real value to business, creating efficiencies, whilst championing the user.
Most of all, they love building a competent team around them as the best product owners know that you surround yourself with the best talent, and no vision is unachievable.
Outware can give you:
- A fresh challenging product / project
- Diverse team of highly competent team members
- Opportunity to fully own a product vision and build a roadmap
- Most of all, a new WHY
A big part of the WHY is you get the opportunity to help enterprise, these huge monolithic corporates transition to a smarter way of building great products. Using modern frameworks like Human-Centered Design, to getting in front of customers early and validate hypothesis. Deploy MVPs in new, fast paced environments, and take a chance to watch your user engagement metrics grow in real time.
What you’ll be doing
- Owns and defines the product vision, business goal, program backlog and product roadmap.
- Understand and anticipate the client’s needs to more effectively manage the development process.
- Prioritise backlog items based on customer value, time, and other team dependencies.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Primary communicator and link between stakeholders and teams.
- Tracking, measuring and analysing key-metrics and performance of MVP and future releases.
- Ensure team is across business decisions and creates valuable increment with each iteration.
- Help the team in backlog and feature prioritisation.
- Work closely in an agile squad, consisting of Business Analyst, UX/UI Designers, developers and Scrum Master.
- Knowledge of human-centered design, spotify squad model and functioning with multiple SCRUM teams.
- Key-player in making business decisions and presenting it to c-level business stakeholders.
- Guide the team through complexity
Who are we looking for
- Must have Product Owner/Product Manager experience working in an AGILE team.
- Must have passion for innovation and knowledge of upcoming tech-trends
- Ability to manage expectations and communication from cross-functional teams and business stakeholders.
- Strong advocate of customer-value, user-centric design and practical experience of Agile processes, principles and ceremonies.
- Ability to turn data into valuable insights.
- Previous experience in mobile-apps domain or emerging technologies will be highly regarded.
- SCRUM, PSPO or CSPO certification highly desirable.