At Arq Group we create technology. We partner with our clients to solve problems others cant. We do this by hiring the best people out there! This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and motivated UX designer to be part of the team building Australia's most popular and high-profile app and digital experiences.
You must be passionate about great user experience design and care about the small details which make an app really great to use. Importantly, you will have a strong knowledge of iOS and Android User Interface Guidelines with the ability to design intuitive interfaces for both platforms.
You’ll have the opportunity to utilise your skills to design to work collaboratively with the Arq design and engineering teams to create app concepts, communicate them clearly and drive a great experience for end users.
- Work with clients to gather and understand product requirements
- Help prepare and facilitate client collaborative design workshops and design sprints
- Apply a user-centred design approach to develop, design and document the detailed user journey for an app
- Brief clients about your concepts and work together to refine them
- Create interactive prototypes to communicate your intentions and validate ideas
- Help prepare and run user testing sessions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that the technical dependencies and possible user experience risks are handled upfront
- Clearly document the business rules & behaviour for an app through detailed development stories
- Work with our development teams throughout the Agile development lifecycle
- Consult with clients on how mobile applications form part of their wider digital strategy
- You will become proficient with Arq Mobile’s Agile processes for producing quality apps
- You will become proficient with Arq Mobile’s design and project tracking tools
- Demonstrated UX design experience - ideally with corporate or digital agency environments (mobile design experience is highly advantageous)
- Degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design or Psychology is advantageous.
- Minimum 2 years experience in digital/web design with some exposure to mobile design
- Experience in building UX deliverables such as wireframes, user flows and functional specifications
- Ability to express your ideas and opinion on what makes a great mobile user experience
- Excellent working knowledge of iOS and Android design guidelines
- Understanding of usability testing techniques
- Understanding of the Agile software delivery environment
- Excellent people skills & collaborative approach to working
- Visual Design skills desirable but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some experience presenting to groups of stakeholders
- Ability to work at high speed, multi-task, and manage multiple projects at once with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable about mobile apps and devices - up to date on latest technology and trends
- Professionalism and a delivery focused attitude
As part of your application please include:
- A link to your online portfolio - demonstrating your key achievements, including your UX design process where available
We are smart thinkers. We solve complex challenges and provide complete solutions for businesses, big and small. From design thinking, leading mobile apps, cloud and analytical insights, digital marketing, to web design. Arq Group is Australia’s leading digital partner.
Our people are our greatest asset. Curiosity is in our DNA. Courage is in our hearts. And collaboration is at our core. “Our Ways” set us apart from others in how we deliver to our customers and work together. From wellness programs, learning and development, social calendars to coffee machines, and more. We've got something for everyone to be themselves. Did we also mention how much fun it is to work with other Arqadians? And yes, it is true; we love what we do. Join Arq Group and find your space to (change)
At Arq Group, we unleash the possibilities between business and people.