Arq Group is a leading Digital technology business specialising in end-to-end digital solutions to the enterprise business markets. Our Enterprise Services Division has over 400 exceptionally talented professionals developing and managing high profile, high value digital solutions that drive growth for large Corporate and Government Australian organisations.
We have a leadership position in the Australian market in applying Online, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud technologies to create new services and solutions that our customers take to market, with demonstrated capability in emerging technologies including Internet of Things, Machine Learning and Chatbots. Most Australians will use an application or service developed by Melbourne IT via its enterprise customers. We are AWS' Premier Cloud Partner, a Microsoft Azure Partner, and Australia's preeminent IoS and Android development partner.
The role of Technical Lead - Software Engineer works directly within the project teams using best practice coding and technical domain expertise to deliver quality outcomes for our clients.
What YOU get to do:
- Work as part of an agile team to deliver software solutions
- Deliver working code of high quality using modern design patterns, techniques and processes in an Agile development environment
- Know all aspects of the software delivery process, from requirements through design and delivery to implementation and support
- Cloud Aware. You will focus on AWS. We prefer to deliver automated, infrastructure as code solutions.
What you bring:
- 10+ years’ developer experience including leading an engineering team through best practice SWE development in modernizing applications from monoliths to microservices
- Experience with .Net framework or similar and exposure to some of the following programming languages in C#, C, C++, Java, Python, Ruby, Typescript and Node.js
- Understanding of best practices, standards and patterns for a Microservices architecture
- IaaS Functionalities experience on at least AWS (Azure and GCP nice to have)
- Knowledge about Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, Unikernel..etc.)
- Experience working in test-driven development highly regarded
- Highly motivated, proactive, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
As an organisation we strongly believe in work/life balance and flexibility, working hard to create an environment that is diverse, supportive, challenging and team oriented. We genuinely enjoy the time we spend together and regularly get together at informal and organised social events to ensure we maintain good levels of fun and mateship whilst working collaboratively towards our common and individual goals. Here you will find yourself surrounded by a large team of highly technical, customer service focused people who are passionate about technology. We are driven to help our customers. Within an informal, social, yet professional environment you will be fully supported with the tools you need to achieve today and develop new skills for tomorrow.
A brilliant opportunity to MAKE your MARK