At Arq Group we create technology. We partner with our clients to solve problems others cant. We do this by hiring the best people out there!
Following an internal promotion, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a UI Designer to join our award-winning Design team. You will work collaboratively on a range of exciting projects for some of Australia's biggest brands, helping create unforgettable user experiences for their consumers. As a senior member of the team, you will shape and influence the company's design culture, designing the UI for cutting edge web & mobile applications
- Design and execute pixel-perfect screen designs based on wireframes and prototypes
- Establish and maintain imagery, typography, colour, iconography and other UI elements.
- Work within and manage the product design system and component library
- Work with our development teams throughout the Agile development lifecycle
- Consult with clients on how mobile applications form part of their wider digital strategy
- Ensure design cohesion across all assets/artefacts/touchpoints
- Participate in design review sessions
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure delivery of consistent experiences
- Brief clients about your concepts and work together to refine them
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, working closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Developers to offer solutions to complex situations
- You will become proficient with Arq Mobile’s Agile processes for producing quality apps
- You will become proficient with Arq Mobile’s design and project tracking tools
- Demonstrated UI design experience - ideally within corporate or digital agency environments (mobile design experience is highly advantageous)
- Experience across multiple digital platforms
- Ability to express your ideas and opinion on what makes a great mobile user experience
- Excellent working knowledge of iOS and Android design guidelines
- Understanding of the Agile software delivery environment
- Excellent people skills & collaborative approach to working
- Visual Design skills desirable but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some experience presenting to groups of stakeholders
- Ability to work at high speed, multi-task, and manage multiple projects at once with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable about mobile apps and devices - up to date on latest technology and trends
- High attention to detail....and a sense of humour!
As part of your application please include:
- A link to your online portfolio
Arq Group is the dynamic space for smart thinkers. We create unforgettable experiences, solve complex challenges, and provide seamless, end-to-end digital solutions for businesses, big and small…. from design thinking to customer solutions, leading mobile, cloud and analytical insights.
#LifeatArq - at Arq you’ll find a true work life balance. You'll find barista style coffee machines, brand new offices with a purpose-built wellness space, learning and talent programs to support YOU at every stage of your career, and a range of social activities; from diversity driven events to board game nights and LAN parties. We believe in culture contribution. Whatever your interests, we’ve got you covered. You’ll be part of a sincere team that’s all about diversity, equality, teamwork and mutual support.
We’re a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, WGEA recognized as a pay equity employer and ‘Our Way’s continue to encourage a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and passionate approach to everything we do.