Arq Group are Australia’s leading experts in Mobile, Data & Analytics and Cloud, which means we are capable of defining, designing and creating products that solve problems on a large scale. We design platforms that scale across millions of customer, and products that engage across multiple channels.
Your role as a Junior Java Developer is to design, write, and test software for both Enterprise customers and Internal operations. Your abilities should also aid you in spotting defects and coming up with functional solutions. The role of a Junior Java Developer is to continuously iterate on applications in a development space whilst maintaining efficient code, and application performance in line with development standards and frameworks.
What you get to do:
• Participate in requirements analysis
• Collaborate with customers and internal teams to produce software design and architecture
• Write clean, scalable code using Java / Open source programming languages
• Manage and prioritise job backlogs (both proactive and reactive) for customer workloads
• Test and deploy applications and systems
• Revise, update, refactor, and debug code
• Participate in peer code reviews.
• Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Act as an SME on managed applications and provide bug fixes, enhancements and continuous improvements in line with customer requirements
• Experience as a Java Developer or Application Developer.
• Familiarity with Spring Framework
• Knowledge of SQL and relational Databases
• Knowledge of source control systems (GIT)
• AWS / Azure knowledge desirable
• Familiarity with architecture styles (REST/RPC)
• Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
• Degree in CS, IT or comparable experience
• Conceptual understanding of DevOps methodologies and frameworks desired
We are smart thinkers. We solve complex challenges and provide complete solutions for businesses, big and small. From design thinking, leading mobile apps, cloud and analytical insights, digital marketing, to web design. Arq Group is Australia’s leading digital partner.
At Arq you’ll find a true work life balance. You’ll be part of a sincere team that’s all about diversity, equality, teamwork and mutual support.
Our people are our greatest asset. Curiosity is in our DNA. Courage is in our hearts. And collaboration is at our core. From wellness programs, learning and development, social calendars to coffee machines, and more. We've got something for everyone to be themselves. And yes, we love what we do. Join Arq Group and find your space to (change)