Role purpose: To use your significant and specialist BI knowledge to analyse, plan, architect and lead all technical BI project and program requirements across business subject areas.
At Arq Group we create technology. We partner with our clients to solve problems others can't. We do this by hiring the best people out there!
As a member of our Enterprise team, you will work collaboratively on a range of exciting projects for some of Australia's biggest brands, helping create unforgettable user experiences for their consumers.
This role will act as a Practice Lead, managing senior stakeholders and working in an agile product team to deliver outstanding work - be it writing user stories, prioritising features in sprints, or managing those backlogs - you’ll be able to take it all in your stride.
What you’ll bring:
- High degree of expertise in the area of BI and Data Analytics
- Demonstrate leveraging high-level business requirements and turning them into technical design artefacts
- Understanding best practises around designing and developing visualizations
- The ability to architect data models to surface data from various sources, presented through a corporate data warehouse
- Analysing and defining key organization metric and measures with an understanding to business rules
- Intimate knowledge of data warehousing with respect to various data methodologies, such as Data Vault, 3rd Normal Form, Kimball
- Have strong working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Software development (must have).
- Contribute to the design of deliverables that meet the BI reporting and analysis needs of the business
- Strong knowledge with TSQL and SQL Server
- Mock up, design and lead the implementation of complex dashboards from concept through to build
- Previous experience of visualization development on Cognos Reports and Dashboarding
- Understanding of Cognos Framework Manager and leveraging to enterprise reporting
- Write technical documentation for standards, designs, principals and development
- Contribute to ETL specifications, Data Model specifications to ensure fulfillment of BI requirements
- Experience and exposure to ETL concepts and frameworks
- Usage of Business Glossaries and Data Catalogues
- Understanding technical dependencies in visualisation requirements and warehouse functionality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to Influence and engage senior stakeholders
- A curious and collaborative mind-set
- Passionate about technology and mobile apps
- Desire to learn, develop and share with the team
- Attention to detail….and a sense of humour!
Arq Group is the dynamic space for smart thinkers. We create unforgettable experiences, solve complex challenges, and provide seamless, end-to-end digital solutions for businesses, big and small…. from design thinking to customer solutions, leading mobile, cloud and analytical insights.
At Arq you’ll find a true work life balance. You'll find barista style coffee machines, brand new offices with a purpose-built wellness space, learning and talent programs to support YOU at every stage of your career, and a range of social activities; from diversity driven events to board game nights and LAN parties. We believe in culture contribution. Whatever your interests, we’ve got you covered. You’ll be part of a sincere team that’s all about diversity, equality, teamwork and mutual support.
We’re a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, WGEA recognized as a pay equity employer and ‘Our Way’s continue to encourage a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and passionate approach to everything we do.