At Arq Group, our people solve complex challenges, and provide seamless, end-to-end solutions for businesses, big and small. We manage the data and web capabilities for Beyond Blue. We’ve developed Qantas’ inflight entertainment system. We support Domino’s cloud, managed services and security - and help you track your pizza.
Our people help our clients deliver a solution that matters. We are Australia’s leading digital partner, unleashing the possibilities between business and people.
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software applications across our organisation. You’ll focus your expertise on analysis and design work, implementing solutions that use open standards, architectures and cloud continuous delivery approaches.
What will your day look like?
You’ll start your day by making yourself a coffee, sitting (or standing) at your desk and help make ideas a reality. Working across a range of internally-built applications you will:
- Participate in all scrum ceremonies
- Design, implement, deliver and continuously improve functionality within strict timeframes
- Provide input into enhancements to the application by optimising existing code base to improve performance and address critical technical debt
- Conduct code review and provide advice on best practise
- Be responsible for document solution and design
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced members and the broader group
- Keep abreast of the latest advances in the relevant fields of development, standards and security
- Continuously adapt to a range of technologies – both open source and vendor technologies
- Proven success working in an agile environment
- Extensive direct commercial experience in developing applications in a multi-tiered architecture using J2EE, SQL and Linux OS
- A curiosity to learn and develop expertise in other new languages and skills based on project requirements/delivery
- Advanced skills and knowledge across Java, HTML, CSS, Python, AWS, Cloud Computing and AngularJS
- Extensive knowledge of major databases and SQL
- Solid working knowledge of agile process and tools – scrum, test automation, user stories, version control
- Strong commercial acumen and stakeholder engagement skills
- An ability to breakdown complex problems and challenge business priorities
Barista style coffee machines? Check. Brand new offices with a purpose-built wellness space? Check. Learning and talent programs to support YOU at every stage of your career. Check. A range of social activities from diversity driven events to board game nights and LAN parties. Check. We believe in culture contribution. Whatever your interests, we’ve got you covered.
We’re a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, WGEA recognized as a pay equity employer and ‘Our Way’s continue to encourage a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and passionate approach to everything we do.
Join us. Become an Arqadian and find your space to (change).
Please note, you do require full work rights in Australia to apply for this position.